preclinical modules

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

rvboutin

preclinical modules

Post by rvboutin »

Hello,
I am using the Nuclear Imaging/Imagene/PET image segmentation toolbox. I got them through a collaboration with the SHFJ at the time (back in 2006). I am currently using a modified version in BrainVisa 4.1.1 on Ubuntu 12.04.5LTS, but with the regular Ubuntu upgrades I start to have difficulties with unmet depencies in Ubuntu 14.04LTS. I have not dare to move to Ubuntu 16.04LTS as I think BrainVisa 4.1 will stop working as it is now using new version of Python and I am not sure about back compatibility. Nevertheless, soon or later, I'll have to upgrade to Ubuntu 16.04 or above. I'd like to know whether there is a chance or an existing update version of these preclinical modules including the "PET image segmentation" pour BrainVisa 4.5.0 pour Ubuntu 16.04? Are those modules maintained?
I am more than happy to collaborate and do some beta-testing as I did at the time, and include any collaborators as co-author of my papers as I did in the past.
Thank you in advance for your replies.
Rv
Last edited by rvboutin on Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
email: herve.boutin@manchester.ac.uk

Re: preclinical modules

Post by riviere »

Hi
(we try to speak english on this forum, even if we both speak french, because it's a public forum that anyone should be able to understand).
If I remember (I'm not completely sure...), the nuclear imaging toolbox has never been publicly released, so I guess you have got it from someone who has access to it, or in the CEA/I2BM labs. This probably explains why you seem to be stuck with the old version 4.1...
Anyway, the nuclear imaging toolbox has been largely redesigned and its development and maintenance is now performed within the CATI team (http://cati-neuroimaging.com/). I don't know the toolbox very well, so I don't even know if the processes you are using still exist or not... I'm not its owner so I cannot decide to give it to you. But I can get you in touch with people who develop it... I will transfer your request.
Denis
rvboutin

Post by rvboutin »

Hi Denis,
Thanks for your reply. I'll edit my question to put it in English.
I just saw your reply today. So, could you put me in touch with the people of the CATI team please? That would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rv

Post by Yann Cointepas »

Hi,

The processes you are talking about are part of the Nuclear Processing toolbox (that was named Nuclear Imaging years ago). According to some research in our source code management system, there is almost no activity since the beginning of 2011. No one in CATI is using nor maintaining this toolbox. BrainVISA has changed since then. If you need to keep alive this tool you will have to find someone who can at least perform some technical updates to make it compatible with recent BrainVISA.

Yann
rvboutin

Post by rvboutin »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Who could that be? Could you put me in the right direction? I have contacts @ the SHFJ who were then the main user...
Cheers,
Rv