lesion mask

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

MSh

lesion mask

Post by MSh »

Hi

In beian mask segmentation step, even though I improt a lesion mask, it is not excluded from the computed brain mask and the brain mask covers the lesion. How does the defined lesion mask affect the analysis?

Thanks
MSh
MSh

Re: lesion mask

Post by MSh »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone who has had experience with lesion extraction would help me with this.

For removing a tumour mask from brain mask I input the binary mask representing the tumour in the box that corresponds to the lession_mask in "Compute brain mask" process . Nevertheless, the lesion is not removed from the created brain mask (picture below). Does anyone know why this process is not working?

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (247.3 KiB) Viewed 7095 times
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

You have explanations about how the lesion mask is used in this documentation : http://brainvisa.info/doc/brainvisa/en/ ... nMask.html
The mask seems to help creating a correct entire mask of the brain. It is not excluded from the brain mask.

Dominique
MSh

Post by MSh »

Hi Dominique

Thanks very much for replying. Does this mean that the aim of using lesion mask in brain segmentation step is to preserve the lesion or tumour as part of the brain and not to exclude it? :!:

Thanks
MSh
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Yes I think so.
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

By the way, if you prefer removing the tumor, you can do it yourself. For instance remove it in the input MR scan.