Cortical surface toolbox - surface analysis pipeline

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

riviere
Site Admin

Re: Cortical surface toolbox - surface analysis pipeline

Post by riviere »

Hi Aurélie,
The red warnings indicate that several nodes in the gyri graph have the same gyrus name, this was not really expected in the model, but doesn't harm. Honestly I don't know why this happens, the gyri parcellation process has been written about 7 years ago by Arnaud Cachia, I don't remember all of its internals...
The strange names are just gyri names that we didn't have a commonly recognized name for it: some gyry have a common name (pre-central gyrus, etc), and some do not. For those ones, we juste used "gyrus_n". In this process a gyrus is defined by the sulci which border it.
In this gyri model, "size" is the volume in mm3 of the cortex in the gyrus.
Actually there seems to be bugs remaining in this process because mesh don't look good and some of the gyry do not have a mesh at all, which explains that on some gyry the surface is null, and thus the thickness cannot be calculated. I'll try to look at it but it's an old code that I have not written myself...
Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
I have found several bugs in the "old gyral parcellation" process. Some of them can have consequences on the resulting measurements (missing area and thickness, duplicate nodes with the same label...) and others are only for visualization. I have spent the full day fixing them, it works better now, and the fixes will be part of the next brainVisa update.
Denis
Olivier Coulon
Location: MeCA research group, Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone, Marseille, France

Post by Olivier Coulon »

Thank you for fixing all this Denis.

Olivier
Olivier Coulon
Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone,
Aix-Marseille Université,
Marseille, france
https://meca-brain.org