missing menus when creating database for importing MRI

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

forrestbao

missing menus when creating database for importing MRI

Post by forrestbao »

hi, i had a very strange problem today. I tried to import a T1 MRI data into Brainvisa. After selecting data file, i was creating a new database item. But i only had two drag-down menus, data type and file format, on the interface where i should have several ones to set, like on this one:

What happened was like this. At first everything was fine - the interface was like the one abovve. Then I clicked Cancel on the interface above because I thought about something else. When i came back to do the same thing, i only saw two drag-down menus.

I tried to delete everything under ~/.brainvisa. But nothing had changed. I really don't know why. Can someone help me on this? Please feel free ask me for more details.
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Re: missing menus when creating database for importing MRI

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hi,
Usually, the thing you describe happens when no database directory is selected in Brainvisa preferences. Go to Brainvisa menu -> preferences -> databases and check that an existing directory is selected. If not, add a new database.
Dominique
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

and if you actually have a database, make sure it is updated.
Denis
forrestbao

Post by forrestbao »

thanks Dominique and Denis. i had a database but i didn't update it. now i have fixed the problem.