coregistrering Inveon rat brain PET-CT with T2 MRI

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

rvboutin

coregistrering Inveon rat brain PET-CT with T2 MRI

Post by rvboutin »

Hi,
I am an Inveon user, and I would like to co-register brain PET-CT images with T2 MRI. I could do the coregistration manually using the command AimsManualRegistration but this command has disappear from the pack.
Is there an easy way (automatic) of doing it? I must say that the PET-CT covers the upper part of the body whereas the MRI covers only part of the head (from around the eyes to the back of the skull/cerebellum), and that the image dimensions are different both in term of overall dimensions and voxels dimensions.
Thank you in advance for any help provided.
Cheers,
Rv
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
email: herve.boutin@manchester.ac.uk

Re: coregistrering Inveon rat brain PET-CT with T2 MRI

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Yas actually AimsManualRegistration has been removed from the package because it is part of a set of libs/commands that are maintained by another group who do not distribute their toolbox. We did not notice it was used until now...
For your registration problem, we are not experts in registration (generally relying on SPM, FSL or such external software to do so), nor in PET-CT images. We have a "generic" (so: generally low accuracy) automatic registration tool: AimsMIRegister, and there are some specialized tools for histology in the BrainRat toolbox, but I cannot really tell you much about them. I can tell somebody from the PET groups if they can have a look...
Denis