SPAM seems to be missing file

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

ericbarnhill

SPAM seems to be missing file

Post by ericbarnhill »

Hello,

I am trying to get all my users set to use SPAM as default for the sulci.

The "Sulci Recognition" module is giving me an error message regarding a missing file. It is true, I am missing the file -- but I just re-installed the software with the module "SPAM Models Installation" and I still get the same error.

The error is

Code: Select all

Errno 2 No such file or directory: '/home/ericbarnhill/bv/share/brainvisa-share-4.1/models/descriptive_models/labels_priors/frequency_segments_priors_left/frequency_segments_priors/global_priors.dat' 
This is correct. Currently in my directory

/brainvisa-share-4.1/models/descriptive_models/labels_priors/frequency_segments_priors_left/
I do not have the additional folder

frequency_segments_priors
Instead I have two files

frequency_segments_priors.dat
and

frequency_segments_priors.dat.minf
Please let me know if I have made a mistake in my installation.

Thank you,
Eric
ericbarnhill

Re: SPAM seems to be missing file

Post by ericbarnhill »

Hello again, I would like to add more information:

Cortical Fold Arg 3.0 also faulted because it was looking for a folder called

/share/brainvisa-share-4.1/nomenclature/syntax/
This folder was not there. However, I found it in

/share/brainvisa-share-4.1/trash/nomenclature/syntax
I moved it out of the "brainvisa-share-4.1/trash/" folder and into the "brainvisa-share-4.1/nomenclature/" folder, and it worked!!

With the sulci recognition it is more complex. It needs some folders from the trash and some of the folders that are there. I am still working it out.

I can let you know what I had to do if you want me to document it.

Thanks,
Eric
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

It is strange that some files of the brainvisa-share database have been moved to a trash directory. Did you use the process "Data Management -> Convert old database" or one the processes in "Data Management -> convert old database steps" on the brainvisa-share database ?
Anyway, maybe you should download again the BrainVISA package to retrieve a clean installation.

Dominique
ericbarnhill

Post by ericbarnhill »

You are correct, I used "clean old database" a few days ago. There were some duplicate files around in my database that were causing me trouble and I thought it might help. It definitely trashed a lot of files.

I just now replaced the shared folder with one from a clean installation, and the cortical folds and sulci recognition packages seem to be working perfectly. If I get any more errors about missing files I will replace the folders from the clean install.

Thank you,
Eric
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

I see. In fact, convert old databases processes should not be used on Brainvisa share database but only on user databases. Maybe I should limit the available choices in these processes parameters to avoid this problem.

Dominique