brainvisa 4.2.1 - windows 7 bug?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

guillaume

brainvisa 4.2.1 - windows 7 bug?

Post by guillaume »

Hi brainmentors

after running BV4.2.1 a first time on windows 7, when closing BV I get a python error ("Python.exe a cessé de fonctionner").
Then when I want to launch BV for a second time I have the following error and BV crashes before openning the GUI.
It seams that a variable of soma is not set properly on windows.

To use BV, I currently delete manually the .brainvisa folder after closing, which allow me to run it the next time, but it is not user firendly as I have to set all the preferences each time I use BV...

Except this small bug, this new version is really amazing!
cheers,
gui

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\bin\..\brainvisa\neuro.py", line 310, in <module> main()
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\bin\..\brainvisa\neuro.py", line 177, in main initializeProcessesGUI()
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\brainvisa\neuroProcessesGUI.py", line 3800, in initializeProcessesGUI
File "d:\tmp\tmpum40hl\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\gui\workflowGui.py", line 2655, in add_default_connection
File "d:\tmp\tmpum40hl\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\client.py", line 495, in __init__
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\configuration.py", line 277, in load_from_file config_path = Configuration.search_config_path()
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\configuration.py", line 360, in search_config_path home_dir = Configuration.get_home_dir()
File "C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\configuration.py", line 248, in get_home_dir if sys.platform[:3] == 'win':
NameError: global name 'sys' is not defined
riviere
Site Admin

Re: brainvisa 4.2.1 - windows 7 bug?

Post by riviere »

Hi Guillaume,

Oh you're right, there's a missing import in configuration.py.
To fix it you should just have to add the line
import sys
amongst the other import statements at the beginning of C:\Users\toz\brainvisa-4.2.1\python\soma\workflow\configuration.py
We'll fix that.

Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

I have patched the windows archive and uploaded it again on the website. I hope the problem is fixed (I have not tested...)
Denis
guillaume

Post by guillaume »

Hi Denis,

I have patched my BV and it works now, as well as your new update that I have downloaded to confirm to you that it works fine.

I just already get a python error ("Python.exe a cessé de fonctionner") when closing BV, but this not a real problem.

Thank you very much,
gui
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

OK.
This last error is possibly due to the version of PyQt we are using: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/561303
We have to upgrade...
Denis