referentials

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

joost

referentials

Post by joost »

Hi,

i created ventricle segmentation volumes in NIFTI format outside BrainVisa (using SPM8). when i open the ventricle segmentation volume in Anatomist, it's referential (Talairach AC/PC Anatomist) is different from the nobias_T1 image (Raw T1 MRI) and i cannot overlay the two images (see attached one.png). in Anatomist, i can change the referential of the ventricle segmentation volume to the same referential as the nobias_T1 image and then i can correctly overlay the two images (see attached two.png and two_overlay.png). my question: i would like that BrainVisa recognizes (treats) this image as having a 'Raw T1 MRI' referential. can this be done?

merci,
-joost
Attachments
two_overlay.png
two_overlay.png (181.3 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
two.png
two.png (46.95 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
one.png
one.png (46.72 KiB) Viewed 4834 times
riviere
Site Admin

Re: referentials

Post by riviere »

Hi Joost,
BrainVisa and Anatomist use an additional meta-information file to store information which may not be part of native data formats: the .minf file. It is a text file that can be edited. In this file, you can set a "referential" field, which value is an unique identifier (UUID) for a given referential. If you set the same as the referential of another data, then Anatomist (and brainvisa) will recognize that data are sharing the same coordinates system.
BrainVisa also uses an additional database system to handle this information.
Denis