Import T1 MRI Issue

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

lewishou

Import T1 MRI Issue

Post by lewishou »

Dear BrainVISA,

Firstly, thank you for the 4.4.0 update of brainvisa: nice to see so many improvements in the software (especially in the Split fold control tool in anatomist)

I am having an issue importing MRI's using the Import T1 MRI tool - for many scans I'm getting error messages of:

"execv() arg 2 must only contain strings" (full screenshot log attached)

Strangely, there is one set of MRI scans (.nii) I have no problem importing, but another few sets of data (including the MNI dataset, all .nii too) which run with this error. I don't know if I'm just missing something very obvious (I've tried changing all the parameters) - is this somehow a problem with the data files themselves?

Apologies again if I'm missing something obvious and it's just the end of the week. Thank you again,

Lewis
Attachments
Error Log
Error Log
Screen Shot 2013-12-05 at 15.05.26.png (137.14 KiB) Viewed 6773 times
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Import T1 MRI Issue

Post by riviere »

Hello Lewis,

Well, I don't remember having seen this error...
The only plausible explanation I see is that a parameter (either input or output) has not been correctly validated and is None when actually passed to the process. But I don't know why this would happen.
If it happens again, please look in the BrainVisa log (ctrl-l or via a menu), there should be more complete information there. If needed close brainvisa and send us the log file (found in $HOME/.brainvisa/)
Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
OK, there was a bug in the importation process when the input image voxel type was float.
We have made a patch here:
ftp://ftp.cea.fr/pub/dsv/anatomist/upda ... rtation.py.
You can replace the python file at the same place in your BrainVisa directory tree: <brainvisa_install>/python/brainvisa/tools/data_management/image_importation.py
Denis
lewishou

Post by lewishou »

Hey Denis,

Thank you for looking into this - the patch worked a charm!

Warm regards,

Lewis