Local gyrification index for developing brains

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

vmishra

Local gyrification index for developing brains

Post by vmishra »

Hi,

Thank you for releasing this software. I am interested in getting gyrification indices (both whole brain and local) for preterm infants. The babies have the scanning age between 30 weeks and 40 weeks. I am following http://cercor.oxfordjournals.org/conten ... 4.full.pdf and I was hoping if I can get some steps and insights as to how do I go ahead to compute gyrification index for my group.

For starters: I have T2 weighted images (resolution of 1.5x1.5x1.6). We have been manually segmented the brain to get the gray matter cortex and the Left and Right Hemisphere.

What do I have to do next to get what I am looking for using BrainVisa?

Thank you for your help and time.

Sincerely,

Virendra.
drendon

Re: Local gyrification index for developing brains

Post by drendon »

Hello vmishra,

We have also been trying to use BrainVISA to analyze fetal brain images. We have run into the same hurdles you describe in your post when trying to adapt the workflows for T2-weighted images.

Were you able to make any progress on this front or do you have any other ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
The segmentation pipeline shipped in BrainVisa, Morphologist, is designed for adult T1 images, and is not suitable for newborn T2. François Leroy and Jessica Dubois have designed a semi-automatic version of the segmentation tools for infants T2 images (involving some manual correction steps), based partly on the Morphologist tools, and with additional specialized steps. Up to now they have not released it for public distribution, because they cannot provide support for it. You could maybe try contacting them directly, because I am not sure they are reading this forum regularly.
Sorry I cannot help much better...
Denis
drendon

Post by drendon »

Thank you very much for the information, riviere. We will try to contact François Leroy and Jessica Dubois.