is there a cortex-based registration process in BrainVisa?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

MichelODU

is there a cortex-based registration process in BrainVisa?

Post by MichelODU »

Dear colleagues,

I would like to find out if BrainVisa supports a cortex-based inter-subject registration based on mapping gyri and sulci to each other.

Thanks for your kind support.

Michel

PS: I am no longer at Kitware but at Old Dominion University: possible to change my username, or should I start fresh with a new registration?
riviere
Site Admin

Re: is there a cortex-based registration process in BrainVis

Post by riviere »

Hi,

There is the cortex parameterizatioin method from O. Coulon and G. Auzias in the cortical surface toolbox:
http://brainvisa.info/doc/axon/en/proce ... ation.html
It is not a "registration" stricto sensu but it is a 2D coordinates mapping on the cortical surface, based on sulcal constraints, allowing inter-subject correspondance.

For the username, apparently it seems not possible to change it yourself, but as administrator, maybe I can change it. Which username do you want ?

Denis
MichelODU

Post by MichelODU »

Hi Denis,

thanks for this link. I think that I would like to work with your group on this registration process. I've noticed that you have some related papers recently; perhaps we can build on this research on your part. I'll reach out by email shortly.

I suggest MichelODU instead of MichelKitware. Thanks for updating the username.

Michel
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Michel,

Your username has been changed.

The cortical surface analysis toolbox (including the coordinates mapping) is developed by the group of Olivier Coulon in Marseille, not by our group. Althrough we are working together on a number of projects, we don't want to overlap too much with their activities. We are not working on registration methods on our side, just using their tools (or other standard tools, including SPM and FreeSurfer). So maybe you should contact Olivier, depending of what you have in mind of course...

Denis
MichelODU

Post by MichelODU »

Hi Denis,

thanks for the update, and for the precious advice on Olivier Coulon. I will follow up with him. I am already interacting with researchers in that part of France (Aix Marseille): small world!

Bien amicalement,

Michel