How can I convert .mnc to .nii Format? Heeellllllpppp me

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Proksima

How can I convert .mnc to .nii Format? Heeellllllpppp me

Post by Proksima »

Hi.when I want to import t1 MRI I faced to this Error . what can I do now ?
and one more question : How can I download T1 MRI in .nii format? Or show me a way for converting .mnc to .nii format ?
riviere
Site Admin

Re: How can I convert .mnc to .nii Format? Heeellllllpppp me

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Normally the .mnc format is handled, so it could be a bug. On Windows I don't remember which version of the Minc lib is used in our IO, it's possible that only Minc1 is recognized by the version used here. (actually I think we are using minc 1.4 so it's likely the reason)
Could you try on a Linux machine ? (on Linux we are using Minc 2, for sure)
Otherwise you would have to install/use the Minc tools on your side and use the Minc conversion tool "mnc2nii".
Denis
Proksima

Post by Proksima »

riviere wrote:Hi,
Normally the .mnc format is handled, so it could be a bug. On Windows I don't remember which version of the Minc lib is used in our IO, it's possible that only Minc1 is recognized by the version used here. (actually I think we are using minc 1.4 so it's likely the reason)
Could you try on a Linux machine ? (on Linux we are using Minc 2, for sure)
Otherwise you would have to install/use the Minc tools on your side and use the Minc conversion tool "mnc2nii".
Denis
sorry I can't use Linux machine and I'm using 4.3.0 version of Brainvisa because other versions didn't work correctly in mu system(Windows 10)
would U mind give me the link of mnc2nii program ?
and show me a way for downloading T1 MRI Images in .nii format ?
tnx
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

sorry I can't use Linux machine and I'm using 4.3.0 version of Brainvisa because other versions didn't work correctly in mu system(Windows 10)
4.3 is rather old. Is 4.4 not working on Windows 10 ? (I have never tried, actually). Anyway I don't think it would change much for Minc IO.
would U mind give me the link of mnc2nii program ?
It's part of the Minc tools from the BIC/MNI lab: http://www.bic.mni.mcgill.ca/ServicesSoftware/MINC
and show me a way for downloading T1 MRI Images in .nii format ?
There is no magic solution: I don't know where you are downloading images from, but if the download site does not provide nifti files, you have to deal with minc and convert files on your side by one means or another. There are several existing file conversion tools supporting both Minc and Nifti, Minc tools are only one of them. (and on Linux at least Brainvisa should do it...)

From Windows, you may also consider the solution of installing a Linux virtual machine (virtualbox, or vmware...) which will be able to run the linux version of brainvisa without problem, since I admit the Windows version of BV does not work well at the moment.

Denis
Proksima

Post by Proksima »

Tnx alot for guiding me to install VMware . I've installed that but I can't use it when I open README file :| . Actually I'm not familiar with Linux and the way of installing programs in this machine. Please help me what should I do now ? So Plz tell me How could i run it ?
Thanks by advance
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

I just don't know what you have done and what you're trying to do. Why are you showing the content of the bv_env.sh file ?
Normally you just have to click (or double click) on anatomist or BrainVISA in the main install directory of brainvisa.
Denis
Proksima

Post by Proksima »

I showing the content of the bv_env.sh file because in README Wrote this . for runnig BV.