Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures error

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

joost

Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures error

Post by joost »

Hi,

I'm using the 'Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures' UI (from the Freesurfer toolbox). I first select the lh.white.gii from my Freesurfer-database with any problem. The other mandatory inputs are automatically found EXCEPT the 'database' variable (it remains empty). Selecting it manually does not help. I tried - to no avail(!):
- updating the freesurfer database
- creating a new freesurfer database from fresh

I have multiple freesurfer databases (under 'Preferences'). For images from other freesurfer databases the 'database' variable in the 'Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures' interface IS recognized and the process runs fine.

What can i do to make brainvisa recognize the 'database' variable for all my freesurfer databases?

Merci
joost

Re: Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures error

Post by joost »

sorry, little typo

Hi,

I'm using the 'Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures' UI (from the Freesurfer toolbox). I first select the lh.white.gii from my Freesurfer-database without any problem. The other mandatory inputs are also automatically found EXCEPT the 'database' variable (it remains empty). Selecting it manually does not help. I tried - to no avail(!):
- updating the freesurfer database
- creating a new freesurfer database from fresh

I have multiple freesurfer databases (under 'Preferences'). For images from other freesurfer databases the 'database' variable in the 'Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures' interface IS recognized and the process runs fine.

What can i do to make brainvisa recognize the 'database' variable for all my freesurfer databases?

Merci
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Converting Freesurfer labels to AIMS textures error

Post by riviere »

Hi,
It seems to work for me, although I don't have multiple Freesurfer databases, but I don't see where it could matter.
The database parameter is deduced from the "Gyri" parameter: if Gyri is OK (taken from a FS database, and is a .annot file) it should be OK, just like "subject".
Moreover if it works for other databases, there must be something wrong with this one.
Could you check in the preferences, databases, edit the properties of this database, and check that it is actually declared as a freesurfer database (in expert_settings, ontology should be "freesurfer").
Then maybe update the database and try again ?
Denis