Split brain edit

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

whopkins

Split brain edit

Post by whopkins »

Hello-

I am running the newest version of BrainVisa on my MAC (OS 10.8.5). Everything works fine but I am trying to manually edit the posit brain las by closing on the little "red pencil" icon. BV opens the split brain image and a window stating "click here when finished" BUT I am unable to click on any of the options in the Toolbox. It seems that nothing is being read on that window.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Note: I did not have this problem in previous version of BV running on the same computer system.

Thanks for any assistance, Bill
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Split brain edit

Post by riviere »

Hi,
We have to test this on a Mac, since the behaviour on this situation does not seem to be the same on Linux. There might be a problem there (probably due to a kind of abuse of modal boxes). I'm on vacation this week so I cannot try a Mac version right now, but I'll have a look at it next week.
Anyway this little box is definitely not a good solution in terms of user interface, and there are means if making something both more user friendly and which works better. It's been here for years, but if it causes a problem on Mac, maybe it's the time to change it.
Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Split brain edit

Post by riviere »

Hi,
I have made a modification in the ROI/mask volume editor. You can try downloading the following file:
ftp://ftp.cea.fr/pub/dsv/anatomist/upda ... eEditor.py
and save it in the same directory in your brainvisa installation:
<brainvisa_directory>/brainvisa/toolboxes/tools/processes/roi/AnaLabelVolumeEditor.py
It will replace the older file here.
The former little box "click here when finished" is replaced by a save button in the anatomist window. I hope it will work better (it works on our Mac 10.5 but I didn't test the former version on it).
Denis