Structure of IRM pictures

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

gouzi

Structure of IRM pictures

Post by gouzi »

Hi,
I'm a french student and I'm working on a project which deals with image processing in the Brainvisa environment. The pictures' extension is '.img'. I'd like to apply C++ procedure on it but I don't know their structure !
Have you got any documentations or Internet links about it ?
Thanks for help !
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

This is historically the Analyze format (from a software called analyze developed in a US clinic). Its format has been swallowed by SPM community (a software developped in London). If you get into developping IO for it, you will understand what I mean by swallowed. You may use the I/O for it provided with aimsdata library on our site (you should also find headers there). You can also use our commandline converter (AimsFileConvert) towards our format (*.ima), a much much simpler one :lol:, before developping your stuff.
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

I did a very quick search on google with "SPM image format" and found http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/Imaging/Co ... rmat.shtml.
gouzi

Post by gouzi »

thx for all your answers !
Gonna work now ! :D
SylvainT

Post by SylvainT »

my advice: don't code any IO routines yourself, you can find a good number of packages that will do all this for you with a good google search (maybe that was in the link yann gave you ;) )