Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

guillaume

coordonnates of the bottom points of the sulci

Post by guillaume »

Hi brain master,
I need to extract the coordonnates of the bottom points of the sulci,
I can obtain thoses from the .mesh and the white_sulci.tex,
this give to me the coords with the int from the .tex but i dont know which of this int correspond to which sulcus...
so the question is : how do correspond the int from the .tex and the sulci label??
thanks
guillaume
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

Sorry, I do not know what you are talking about. The easiest way to have access to the bottom of the sulcus is a brainVISA treatment creating an image with the bottom of each sulcus marked with a different label. What you do is a mystery to me, maybe you have some local stuff I am not aware of. In that case I would like to know more :o If it is related to the projection of the sulcus on the white matter surface done with Arnaud's stuff, you may find somewhere a translation file, but I will let Arnaud specify where. Up to know, these projection processes are not really supported for the outside world. And I would not call them the bottom of the sulcus, it is misleading to us.
guillaume

Post by guillaume »

sorry for this not explicit problem... i try to do a better one:
My final goal is to match two brain mesh from two different patient (recalage inter-individuel monomodal) and i fisrt would try to match only the ""fond de sillons"" of the bigger sulcus.
I have a 'subject_Lwhite_sulci.tex' in which i find, i think, the bottom sulci with a label, but the label is not corresponding to the label given by the 'sulci recognition' of brainvisa. so i can find the points in the .mesh which seems comming from the bottom of sulci, but i can t find from which sulcus come heach point.
i hope this explaination will help you to understand my problem...
thanks for trying!!!
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

OK, are you talking about some data I provide to Sylvain a while ago,
or did you manage to create them yourself?

Anyway, are you sure this point is not already addressed somewhere else in the forum, for instance by the people of Marseille? It may help to find where.
guillaume

Post by guillaume »

Yes! those are your data!
i did not undersrtand it was you who gave this to Sylvain... :oops:
so can you explain to me how do you obtain this? (is this the sulci projection?)
It seems to me that the people from Marseillle has not the same problem, but i will search again.
thanks.
cachia

Post by cachia »

Hi Guillaume,

You should find some answers to your questions in the conversation we had on the forum with Cedric Clouchoux (from Marseille) regarding the correspondance between the sulcus label defined on the texture (int) and its actual name on the sulcus graph.

Arnaud
guillaume

Post by guillaume »

Hi Arnaud, thanks for your help,
I have read your conversation about the .tex, and i have no any .txt in my graphe directory, even i made the automatic silcus recognition... :(