Install pb : error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

as_dub

Install pb : error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6

Post by as_dub »

Hello,

I try to install BV on Linux Fedora Core 5. When I run the setup.sh I have this message :

Building BrainVISA cache
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
SHFJ package is now installed. Enjoy.

And the computer crash... Then I can only launch Anatomist but not BV... :_(
Any idea of what is happening ? solutions ?

Thank you !
Anne-Sophie
SylvainT

Post by SylvainT »

without being able to be more explicit (I need to spend more time looking into this), I'm facing similar problems of conflicting use of shared libraries...
Manik

Post by Manik »

I do not have a Fedora 5 distribution, so I don't know where the C library (libc) is supposed to be.
It seems that the setup.sh does not find it.
In my distribution it is in /lib/libc.so.6
You can check its path with :
/sbin/ldconfig -v | grep libc.so
Manik Bhattacharjee
INSERM U836
ayzinthia

Re: Install pb : error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6

Post by ayzinthia »

Hi guys !!

've tried to install BrainVISA on UBUNTU 9.04. When I run the setup.sh I have this message :

Building BrainVISA cache
SHFJ package is now installed. Enjoy.

So please, someone can help me ??

and for anatomist
when i enter :

Code: Select all

~/SHFJ_pack-stable-linux-3.0.2/bin/anatomist
Anatomist is open but trasparent, not really visible !!

THX
as_dub

Post by as_dub »

Hello THX,

It's been a long time since I faced this problem, and I don't remember what exactly solve the problem (and it's a shame that I didn't report it in this forum...), but I would check the environnement variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I usually set it like this (in Fedora..) :

Code: Select all

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/include/X11:/usr/local/my_matlab_distrib/bin/glnx86:"$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Cheers,

Anne-Sophie
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Yes, as Manik and Anne-Sophie said, it must be a configuration problem on your machine (or in your account more likely): the libc is one of the very core libraries of a linux system, and almost nothing would work without it. The libc.so.6 version has not changed for years and years, on Fedora systems it was already libc.so.6 on Fedora Core 4, and is still libc.so.6 on Fedora 12, so it _is_ present on your system, il /lib/libc.so.6. Your configuration just does not point to it, obviously.
Anne-Sophie's suggestion should work, I guess.
Now, I see you are using brainvisa version 3.0.2, it is _very old_ (4 years old); I would suggest using a more recent version...
Denis
ayzinthia

Post by ayzinthia »

When you say that version 3.0.2 is very old, it's what the website offer me to download, i've UBUNTU, so for download, i must choose:
ftp://ftp.cea.fr/pub/dsv/anatomist/bina ... 0.2.tar.gz
not other links for other distributions !!

so what you suggest to me, should i re-install my system to be able to install Brainvisa or what??

Thank you so much
ayzinthia

Post by ayzinthia »

Thank you guys,
i downoload the tar.bz for the fedora version and it works , so the problem is solved !!

Thanx
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

OK.
Yes that's it: Fedora is another Linux distrib. It doesn't mean it only runs on Fedora 4, but that it was built on a Fedora 4 system. It should also run on [almost] any other Linux system. I agree our web site is not really explicit on this point, we should explain that clearly somewhere...
Denis