Siemense DTI data processing

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

PeterK

Siemense DTI data processing

Post by PeterK »

Hey guys,
I've collected some DTI data on a siemens TRIO and wondering if BV will be able to process them
These are 6-directions data 2x2x3 mm and only 10 averages, so I'm concerned that SNR might not be sufficient.

Has a siemense DTI import module been implemented already? I'd really like to give it a try.
Thanks
PK
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

You should not worry too much Peter, with 10 averaging, you should get a pretty nice SNR... for these 6 directions. This should allow you to work. However, in the future I advice you to reduce the number of repetitions and increase the number of directions. This should reduce the risk of bias related to your set of directions.

It would be nice if you could develop the importation module for siemens TRIO,
as far as I am aware, nobody did it up to know.
PeterK

Post by PeterK »

Jean-Francois Mangin wrote:You should not worry too much Peter, with 10 averaging, you should get a pretty nice SNR... for these 6 directions. This should allow you to work. However, in the future I advice you to reduce the number of repetitions and increase the number of directions. This should reduce the risk of bias related to your set of directions.

It would be nice if you could develop the importation module for siemens TRIO,
as far as I am aware, nobody did it up to know.

Yes, I could do it. I've tried using 12 directions which is the max on our DTI sequence, but reconstruction system can't allocate enough memory for more than 5 averages. The way to solve it - is to use off-line reconstruction, but we cant' do that since our research agreement is still pending due to some legal stuff.

So how would go about just trying to see if the BV tensore resolution algorithm will swallow my data?
Should I just import DICOM files or shoud I makes volumes and assigned each volume a direction?
Do you guys have a description of command-line parameters for the DTI module?

Once I see that it works, I'll try to work on dicom importation