Compile the minf library under windows

AIMS library and commands usage

Moderators: denghien, riviere

LaurentH

Compile the minf library under windows

Post by LaurentH »

I want to read and write minf files in a windows program, compiled with mingw gcc.
How can I do that?
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Are you asking for compilation instructions, or for programming help on how to read .minf files ?

- to compile, read the general compilation instructions here. Tell us if you find something outdated there (we don't update these pages regularly). You need to install Python, Msys and a few external libs: libsigc++ and libxml2 before trying to compile cartobase on Windows. Only the lowest-level cartobase library is strictly necessary to read .minf files

- to use the library to read .minf files: at low-level, use a carto::PythonReader to read a carto::Object dictionary - see the API doc at http://brainvisa.info/libs-stable/cartobase/index.html. The generic Object/GenericObject API offers iterators, getPtoperty/setProperty methods to retreive or set properties in the minf dictionary, etc.

Denis
LaurentH

Post by LaurentH »

Thank for your response and sorry for not responding before.

First, to compile.
To use will come after...

Is there any tutorial or guidelines for windows compilation?

Laurent.
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

I am afraid not. Once the compilation environement is configured, we use the same (home made) tools to compile on all systes. However, Windows requires the installation of many libraries (including Qt 3.x which is non free, see http://www.trolltech.com).

I set up a Windows computer for compilation a few month ago. During this process, I wrote a document describing the installation steps I used. This document has only be done for internal use but I am ready to share it if it can help.
LaurentH

Post by LaurentH »

I would like to compile 'only' cartobase... Without Qt and other unused library
Is it to difficult?

My environnement is devcpp with mingw
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

It should not be too difficult. However, I never used devcpp but compile with gcc and mingw. Our compilation tool (build-config) is difficult to configure for a specific compiler. Does the options of devcpp are the same as gcc ?
LaurentH

Post by LaurentH »

I have installed python, mingw and msys on my computer.
I've downloaded sigc++, libxml2, cartobase, build-config, configure and maker.
What directory tree should I use and what are the steps to compile cartobase?
Could you send me your documentation 'for internal use'?

Thanks,

Laurent.