[Plugin] - Windows matplolib issue

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

souedet

[Plugin] - Windows matplolib issue

Post by souedet »

Hello Denis,

I had a new issue while launching anatomist (stable version) on windows (computer is400043) but only with my own account (ns215310).
You can see the error message enclosed. It occurs when the matplotlib configuration directory is detected on a windows drive which is not writable (in my case it tries H: which is a network drive \\abbies\i2bm)
Do you think we must set a MPLCONFIGDIR variable in the anatomist.bat file ?

Have nice week-end
Nico
Attachments
Matplolib issue
Matplolib issue
bug_matplotlib.png (58.89 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
Last edited by souedet on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
souedet

Re: [Plugin] - Windows matplolib issue

Post by souedet »

My HOMEDRIVE is set to H: and HOMEPATH is to \ . Do you know if it is the default on windows account (It is quite amazing because this directory is not writable) ? I checked in the environment variables and I did not found these 2 variables (they must be set by the automatic script launched at loggin).

A workaround to this issue is to set a HOME variable to a writable directory.
riviere
Site Admin

Re: [Plugin] - Windows matplolib issue

Post by riviere »

Hi,
I don't really know the official way to detect home directories on windows. In our libs (brainvisa, anatomist, c++ libs) we have some code to set this up that seems to work in "most" cases (I don't say "all" cases, actually I don't know if it always work). I know Python itself has homedir functions that are buggy at least with python 2.4 on windows (maybe they are used by matplotlib, hence your problems).
However I don't understand exactly what doesn't work after all: here H: is a samba-connected newtork drive, but doesn't actually hold your homedir, which is on another drive/server. So the variables HOMEDRIVE and HOMEDIR are wrong. The problem seems to be rather on the network/account setup on the server side. Call your sysadmin... :)
Setting MPLCONFIGDIR could be a solution, but... what should we set in it ?

Denis