ConnectivityThresholdControl not found

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

gilles Renault

ConnectivityThresholdControl not found

Post by gilles Renault »

Hi to all,
I'm a very recent user of anatomist, so please forgive me if my question has a very obvious answer. I checked the previous posts but didn't find anything about my problem.
I run anatomist 3.0.2 under Windows XP. I use it to process 3D ultrasound data, and see if it can help for ROI measurements in volume.
The 3D data are converted from a specific format to .ima files (Unsigned int 515x512x128 typical size).
The data can be loaded easiliy, though I face little problems to visualize it ( I have to choose the 3 standard view to actually see it, when I click on any other view axial for instance, nothing is shown).
I'd like to use the connectivity threshold tool to delineate some structures, but there is a point I miss. The manual tells me to click on the area to select after the thresholding has been defined (http://www.brainvisa.info/doc/anatomist ... tml#N10FC7). This is what I do but when I click nothing happens. As an additionnal information there is a message showing up in the command window : 'control ConnectivityThresholdControl not found'. I feel like this might be the keypoint in the problem I'm facing.
I you have any clue, it would be a great help
Thank you
Gilles
riviere
Site Admin

Re: ConnectivityThresholdControl not found

Post by riviere »

Hi Gilles,
I have to choose the 3 standard view to actually see it, when I click on any other view axial for instance, nothing is shown
Have you ever dropped any object in the axial window ? When you open an individual window it is empty at the beginning.

For the connectivity tool, you need to
1. create (or load) a ROI session in the ROI management panel
2. create (or select) a region
3. activate the thresholding in the connectivity threshold panel
4. set the low and high threshold as needed
5. select the connectivity threshold control in the window (the grey/blue button on the left with 'level' written on it)
6. click on a colored (blue) region of the image to select its connected component and include it in the current ROI region
Then you may save the ROI session.
The tool is not really a model of user interface design, we must admit...

But I don't see where your message 'control ConnectivityThresholdControl not found' comes from...
Could you try it with a more recent version (3.1.x) if it still doesn't work please ? 3.0.2 is the older version and we don't want to spend much efforts on its support now...

Denis