erroneous error message

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

R3353

erroneous error message

Post by R3353 »

While trying to display graphe + mesh using the "Show Fold Graph" viewer, I receive an error message stating that the .arg file is not readable or does not exist. However, Anatomist will happily display the graphe + mesh when the "Show Fold Graph" viewer is bypassed. This is not preferable because I would like to iterate.

Any advice would be appreciated. Please feel free to query if you desire more information.

I am using a Thinkpad T60 running Fedora 8.

Thank you for your time,
Reese
riviere
Site Admin

Re: erroneous error message

Post by riviere »

Hi,
That's a bit weird, actually... So Anatomist can read the graph, but Brainvisa doesn't recognize it ?
Perhaps you can check if there is a .data directory in the same location as the .arg, and that it has the same name as the .arg: bubu.arg, bubu.data/
BrainVisa has a little limitation on the .data name, whereas Anatomist has not. But even if it is the cause of the problem, how comes the .data would not have the same name...?
Denis
R3353

Post by R3353 »

Yes Denis, you have identified the problem in that the *.data file had a different name than the *.arg file. If I rename the *.data directory to match the name of the *.arg file and edit 'filename_base' field accordingly, the viewer has no qualms.

Is this issue exclusive to newer versions? I seem to remember older versions allowing differences in names....

Thank you kindly,
Reese
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Yes, it is a bit more restrictive than it used to, but just because BrainVISA identifies file types by their extension(s) only, without actually reading files, so it cannot make an association between <toto.arg> and <grogro.data>. In previous versions, as I remember more or less, it did actually not take correctly care of the .data directory.
But now in most cases graphs are written with the "filename_base" attribute set to "*", which means "same as the .arg, with .data extension". so I guess your graphs were written by an older version of the programs, right ?

Denis
R3353

Post by R3353 »

correct again, sir - the graphes were written by older versions. We have found some nice workarounds (using your suggestions for spooling to Anatomist via bash commands) and will proceed in this fashion.

Thanks again,
Reese