Storage of recently viewed objects

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Grégory Operto

Storage of recently viewed objects

Post by Grégory Operto »

Hi everybody,

I've been using Anatomist for several weeks and I was wondering if there would be a way to store and retrieve the list of objects that were recently opened by the user.
I mean : I'm regularly studying cortical meshes with gyral parcellations from Arnaud and each time the same operations must be done (opening meshes, textures and fusioning them...)

I was wondering if it was possible to store the list of these objects so the textured meshes can be quickly retrieved at once.

Thanks for your help :)

Grégory
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Grégory,

I think the most convenient for you is to make a script. Either directly an anatomist script (.ana) that can just be a copy/paste of your history log file (~/.anatomist/history.ana), either something more sophisticated like a python script sending commands to anatomist (in which case using BrainVisa and its Anatomist communication wrapping would be a good idea).

Otherwise, keeping a list of the last objects loaded and having an "open recent" item in the file menu would also be a good idea, but it wouldn't rebuild fusion objects, so the script is definitely the good answer for you.

Denis