How to plot diffusion ODF from QBI?

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

scemj1

How to plot diffusion ODF from QBI?

Post by scemj1 »

Hi, everyone,

I am new to this software. I have some questions regarding how to use Anatomist to plot the diffusion ODF overlay on multiple voxels. just as in the home page shows one example of QBI. I have checked the features of Anatomist, seems not having this one.

In fact, I am looking for the software which can plot the directionally encoded color map of ODF by given directions and spherical harmonic coefficeints. The final results would look like in this QBI example.

So, my questions is, can Anatomist plot dODF as shown in the example if given gradient directions and spherical function values?

Is there anyone knows how to do it? even if not by Anatomist? any information will be helpful and appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jane
riviere
Site Admin

Re: How to plot diffusion ODF from QBI?

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Anatomist alone has no builtin specific tool to show diffusion models, but can display meshes built by other tools. The image on the web site were created using a BrainVisa process, "Diffusoids", which makes such meshes using the diffusion information in all directions. But I think this process does not handle spherical harminics. We have other tools under development for that, but they are not ready yet.
Denis
scemj1

Re: How to plot diffusion ODF from QBI?

Post by scemj1 »

Hi, Denis, thanks for the reply. One more question,

"...The image on the web site were created using aBrainVisa process, "Diffusoids", which makes such meshes using the diffusion information in all directions..."

The spherical harmonic is just one way to build a spherical function, which contains values in all directions. Question here is, if I can build such meshes in all directions, from Matlab, can I import this meshes file to BrainVisa to display? I don't know how BrainVisa works, but I guess even the meshes can be loaded, the format must be matched with BrainVisa requirement, right?

Many thanks,
Jane