Qt 4.6 OpenGL bug - Windows 7

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Manik

Qt 4.6 OpenGL bug - Windows 7

Post by Manik »

Hi,

I just installed BrainVisa 4.1.1 and Anatomist on a Windows 7 PC with a NVidia Quadro 600 graphics card.
After installing the latest NVidia driver, each time a window is opened in Anatomist, the window is blank and in the terminal, there the following error :
"unrecognized OpenGL version".

After installation of BrainVisa 4.0.2, Anatomist 4.0.2 works correctly.

It seems to be a bug in Qt according to https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com//browse/QTBUG-11165
It seems to be fixed in Qt 4.6.3 and Qt 4.7.0
Could you provide an updated package with an up-to-date Qt version ?

Thanks,

Manik.
riviere
Site Admin

Re: Qt 4.6 OpenGL bug - Windows 7

Post by riviere »

Hi Manik,

Thanks for the hint. I think I have already seen this message somewhere (but don't remember where, actually), and didn't know it was a bug in Qt.
However I'm not sure it is the only rendering problem on Windows: see also this post (if you haven't seen it already): this problem happens whatever OpenGL version, apparently.
In Anatomist, most OpenGL calls are done directly in OpenGL, we do not use much of Qt's facilities for OpenGL wrapping (at least before most of it didn't exist before), so I am really not sure it would change anything. But we may try upgrading Qt, yes. I do not promise we will do that very quickly because it is quite an amount of work, but this is definitely something we should try anyway.

Denis