compilation on Fedora3

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

marie chupin

compilation on Fedora3

Post by marie chupin »

Hello,

I'm desperately trying to compile the last stable version on Fedora 3, and I get a compilation error for cartobase, running on several lines for every time the variables are requested:

Code: Select all

from /........./cartobase-1.1/src/lib/attributed/achecker.cc:16:
../../include/cartobase/smart/rcptr.h: In constructor `carto::const_ref<T>::const_ref()':
../../include/cartobase/smart/rcptr.h:895: error: `_pcount' undeclared (first use this function)
../../include/cartobase/smart/rcptr.h:895: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
../../include/cartobase/smart/rcptr.h:895: error: `_ref' undeclared (first use this function)
Do you have any idea of where my problem comes from?

I've tried to use the development version instead, with the appropriate build-config, and build-config doesn't make anything nor any comment. Have I forgotten something?

Thanks!!!

Marie.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Marie,

The stable versions cannot be compiled with gcc 3.4 (the default compiler on FC3). Gcc 3.4 is much more strict than 3.3 and doesn't accept syntaxes that were valid in C++ a while ago and are not anymore. So we had to make many modifications in the development version (and we have not backported them). C++ is a useful but silly language, we suffer from it just like you (and probably more)...
The options you have are:
- use the sources of the development version
- install an older compiler, but you'll have to recompile every C++ library (including Qt)
- go back to FC2 until we release the next version. Binaries built on FC2 will work on FC3.

Denis
marie chupin

Post by marie chupin »

I tried to use the development version, but build-config doesn't seem to be working! :cry:
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

What ? what ? what ?? Of course it works... tell me a bit more about what it does...
Denis

PS: the development versions require you to install some external (but common) libraries: libxml2, libsigc++-2 (libsigc++-1.x is not enough), maybe this is the cause of your failure ?
marie chupin

Post by marie chupin »

It doesn't do anything, nor give any comment... I will have a look at the libraries...
Marie.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

So how are you using it, and which build-config is it (the one from perforce?) ?
Doesn't it output anything at all ?
Denis
marie chupin

Post by marie chupin »

It's the build-config from the same directory than the development version sources on the download page.
I'm using it simply with build-config --build anatomist
It doesn't output anything at all.

Marie.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Strange !
Does the help option output anything ?

Code: Select all

build-config -h
Have you made sure you are using this build-config and not an old one ? (check the PATH)
Denis
marie chupin

Post by marie chupin »

with libsigc++2 , and a new download of build-config, it's finally working... :?

By the way, where shall I put the Qwt librairy? For the moment, it is in usr/local/lib, and in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and the includes are in usr/local/include, but I've got a message at the begining of the build indicating that the library is not found.

Thanks,

Marie.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Well, but it should have printed an error message about some missing components... Anyway, if it works now, you're happy.
Qwt should be found where you installed it. At this location, it will look for /usr/local/include/qwt_plot.h and /usr/local/lib/libqwt.so

If you only have libqwt.so.4 for instance (with a number), make a symlink for libqwt.so.

Denis
marie chupin

Post by marie chupin »

thanks.

Marie.