how to display textures at diff time steps?

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

vsmuser

how to display textures at diff time steps?

Post by vsmuser »

Hello,

In anatomist, how do I step thru the textures one by one?

( what am i trying to do? )

What I want to do is visualize how some calculated values on the mesh change as I change other parameters. I try to do this by creating a .tex file with n time steps and I want to be able to step thru each texture one-at-a-time.

( what have I tried? )

I have created a .tex file with 8 time steps. At each time step, the texture values are all 0's except for a region where the texture values are all 1's. I open the .tex and corresponding .mesh file in anatomist and fuse them. When i display this image in 3D view, the textures values are all 0's (ie the whole mesh is blue). When I have only 1 time step in the .tex file, the display is correct (everywhere is blue except one region is red) . When I have more than 1 time step, the texture values all seem to be zero and I can't seem to be able to step thru the time steps.

Thank you
t.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

Are you sure the texture file is OK (each timestep has the same number of values, corresponding to the number of vertices of the mesh) ?
You should have a time slider on the right of the 3D window whe you display the textured mesh.

Denis
vsmuser

Post by vsmuser »

Yes, you are correct. There was a bad buffer flush when I generated my tex file. The slider at the side appears now displaying the texture correctly.

Thank you!

--------

A related question:

Is there a way to view slices of a fused .mesh and .tex file? Alternatively, is there a way to fuse a .tex file with a mri volume (.img, analyze 7.5 format) so i can see the results of my calculation on slices of the mri?

Thank you again
t.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Textures are paired to a mesh: they are values each corresponding to a vertex, on a surface. To display it on a volume, we would need to interpolate these values in a volume. I don't think we have done this, but maybe people from the LENA / MEG center have done so...
Denis