Multiple nomenclatures (hierarchies)

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Manik

Multiple nomenclatures (hierarchies)

Post by Manik »

Hi all,

I tried to load 4 graphs objects (G1, G2, G3, G4) in Anatomist and two hierarchies (H1 and H2).
H1 and H2 have at least one name in common, which might explain the problem I have.
I would like G1 and G2 to have the colors defined in H1, and the same for G3 and G4 with H2.
I can select the right nodes in graphs with both hierarchies, but only H1 colors the graphs :
I have G1 and G2 with the right colors, but G3 and G4 objects are blue (or red if they are selected by the hierarchy).

Using BrainVisa selectByHierarchy (or selectByNomenclature) or Anatomist browser windows gives the same results.
The only solution I came up with, is to fuse H1 and H2 in one hierarchy.
Is this supposed to happen ? Or is it a problem with the conflicting names in H1 and H2 ?
Manik Bhattacharjee
INSERM U836
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Manik,
Yes you're right, this is the "normal" behaviour. It is a limitaiton in anatomist design that there is no way to overcome right now (except by using a different type of graph, but I guess it is not what you want to do). At the moment there is no strong link between a graph and a hierarchy: a hierarchy applies to any graph it is compatible with, and if there is another hierarchy somewhere, it's anarchy...
In the future, we plan to give a stronger graph-hierarchy link by explicitely making a fusion between them. But it is the future (no date planed)...
Denis