Saving series of textures

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

vsmuser

Saving series of textures

Post by vsmuser »

Hello,

I have a series of textures that I can step through on a mesh and I would like to save all the images as an animation. Is there a command in anatomist that would save all the frames for me or save the entire animation? Right now I have to save each frame manually.

Thanks
t
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

Yes, you can save a sequence of images like a 'movie' with Anatomist :
- Put object(s) into a window
- Window ->start recording
- Choose a file_name and a file_type
- Click save
- Begin your 'movie' : a set of images are saved and you can see the list of images into your shell
- When you want stop your 'movie' : window -> stop recording

If you work on linux and if encoders (transcode, recmpeg) are on your workstation, then you can made a movie in BrainVISA with Animation's categorie.

Isa
vsmuser

Post by vsmuser »

Thank you Denghein for the response; however, I would like to ask how do I "begin the movie"?

Right now, following the instructions, i still have to manually scroll thru all the frames to get anatomist to save the frames. Is there a "play" button that will automatically loop thru all the frames and saves them?

thanks again
t.
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

I don't know if this is a answer for you but :
You can use the "slice movie" mode of the controls. A control is the selected button on left of a window. You have the "3D slection control", the "selection", the "oblique ....". To obtain information about them, drag your mouse above and you can read how you can use it.

For instance, load a .mesh in 3D window and use "ctrl + space" to make a rotation of object. To start this rotation, click on your object. You can read in your terminal :
->start autorotate

To stop rotation, use again "ctrl + space" and you can read :
-> stop rotating

You can combine this with the recording of frames.

Now, if you want a real movie (animation .avi .... ), you can use BrainVISA if you have an encoder on your workstation.

Isa
vsmuser

Post by vsmuser »

Yes, thank you, that was the functionality that I was looking for.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
I guess you were expecting a simpler answer:
you can start/stop automatic slice moving by hitting <space> in the chosen window.
Denis