Measurement of ventricular volume from T1 Brain images

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

siddkhar

Measurement of ventricular volume from T1 Brain images

Post by siddkhar »

Hi,
Please forgive me if my query sounds naive. Considering the exalted company here, I am sure that my question would sound stupid. I do not have any background in image manipulation. However, for the disease I am studying, a calculation of the brain ventricular volume in MRIs could help in predicing improvement in our future patients.

The files we get from the radiology department are dicom images. Each study has a seperate dicom directory, which opens a number of images T1, T2, etc when it is opened in a viewing software.

I have been completely unable to open these files in Anatomist/Visa. Could someone please tell me how this can be done in a stepwise manner?

Please, please help me with this if you can. This is extremely important, and if this can be done, it will surely help our research.

Thank you so much for creating this software. Please let me know if you require additional details from me.

Warm regards,
Siddharth.
Manik

Post by Manik »

Usually, you have a DICOM directory for each acquisition (one for T1, one for T2).
Each directory contains one file per slice image.
You should be able to open an MRI sequence in Anatomist by opening one of those files in Anatomist : just load Anatomist and click on the "Open" icon, choose one file in your DICOM directory before clicking "ok".
Manik Bhattacharjee
INSERM U836