write text associated with mesh

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

as_dub

write text associated with mesh

Post by as_dub »

Hi !

I would like to know if it is possible to write text in an anatomist 3D windows. My objective is to represent electrodes with their labels ("fc3", "c1" for example...).
I already represent electrodes by using AimsMeshGenerate to create spheres (see http://brainvisa.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77). Now I'd like to see their labels by their sides.
Is it possible ? how ?

Thank you !

Anne-Sophie
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Anatomist doesn't have "text objects" for now, so you cannot directly write text on Anatomist views. It is one of the thousands of new features we'd like to add but have no time to do at the moment...
There is another alternative using graphs (like in the ROI toolbox or sulcal graphs) where tooltips (text bubbles) can be displayed to show elements/regions names, but it would be a bit difficult for you to build using the current tools I guess.
Denis
as_dub

Post by as_dub »

I have never seen tooltips in Anatomist, could you please give me step by step instructions to display a shape with its tooltip ? (I just want to see how a tooltip is displayed in an Anatomist view) Thank you Denis.
Anne-Sophie
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Just use the ROI toolbox: load a volume, put it in a window, press F1 on this window, then create a ROI session, a new region, and draw it on the view. If you leave the cursor on the drawn object for a second, you will see the tooltip with the region name.
Denis
as_dub

Post by as_dub »

OK thank you ! I can see it now.