Temporal features with Anatomist

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

thomasdeneux

Temporal features with Anatomist

Post by thomasdeneux »

Hello, I am Thomas Deneux, a PhD student in INRIA / ENS Paris.

I do post a message here to say that I am interested by future developments in Brainvisa/Anatomist that will allow time courses display (for example click in Anatomist on an fMRI voxel, or a brain mesh vertex, and get its time courses in a separate window), and I would be glad to participate to such developments.

Today, I have met Alexis Barbot and a student he is working with (Eric) in the LENA laboratory. They showed me current development on an EEG/MEG toolbox that plays with Anatomist and Matlab, and they explained to me that new features are currently added to Brainvisa that will allow easier graphical displays.

I would like to know if Brainvisa/Anatomist developers are interested by contributions from me once these new graphical tools are made available. Indeed, I have programmed a display function in Matlab that does what I describe above (you can find a flash demonstration on the page http://www.di.ens.fr/~deneux/toolboxMat ... Dview.html), and I could help for designing similar features in Brainvisa/Anatomist.

Thank you,

Thomas
Last edited by thomasdeneux on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

Your demo is very nice. Which tool did you use to capture the screen ?
Unfortunatly, Denis is on holiday, you should have an answer on next week.

Isa
thomasdeneux

Post by thomasdeneux »

Thanks!
I used Camtasia to capture screen.

Thomas
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

Of course we are interested by contribution to the project. However we are more focused on Python than on Matlab since it is now possible to build graphical interfaces combining Anatomist (in C++) widgets and widgets build in Python (with PyQt). As an example of this I build a simple application which is similar to yours (one window containing one Anatomist view, one matplotlib drawing for the curve and one text widgets for voxel information).

Since you are in Paris, I think we should meet to find the best way to share our efforts.
thomasdeneux

Post by thomasdeneux »

No problem, I'll talk to you by e-mail to meet you.

Thomas