ROI files conversion from Anatomist to SPM

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Aurelie

ROI files conversion from Anatomist to SPM

Post by Aurelie »

Hello Denis, Hello dear Anatomist users,

I would like to import ROI into Marsbar-SPM that I've designed in Anatomist software. Would you know how to do that?

The ROI files in Anatomist are in .arg and .data, and the ROI files in MarsBar are in .mat. I don't know how to make the conversion (I guess it's possible as I read it in an article).
Thank you really much for your help.

Aurelie Sager,
University of Technology of Compiègne, France.
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

*.mat files specific to matlab and can contain almost anything. Therefore, without knowledge of what should be stored in this file, it is impossible to do the conversion. Moreover, you need to be in Matlab to create a *.mat file (as far as I know), and there is no *.arg reader in Matlab.

If there is a way to provide an image of label to Marsbar (e.g. *.hdr, *.img), it is possible to convert the ROI into an image first and then use this image in Marsbar.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

I don't think there is a tool in BrainVisa to do it right now, but there are command tools that can:

Code: Select all

AimsGraphConvert --volume -i roi.arg -o otherroi.arg
AimsFileConvert otherroi.data/roi_Volume.ima newroi.img
The first program converts the ROI set (roi.arg, roi.data) into another representation (otherroi.arg, otherroi.data) of the ROI set that contains a volume (otherroi.data/roi_Volume.ima/.dim) but in GIS format.
The second program converts the ROI volume from GIS to SPM/Analyze format. Here, newroi.img is what you expect, and SPM/Marsbar should be able to load it.
Denis