Trying to get 3D and other views to work.

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Dragonpaladin

Trying to get 3D and other views to work.

Post by Dragonpaladin »

Hi, I downloaded BrainVisa and Anatomist, and have been trying them out to see what they can do. It appears to be a very nice package, but I've run into some problems with anatomist.

I opened a .ima file with it...and then tried using the various views (sagittal, coronal, etc..) along with the 3D view. They wouldn't show anything, just a blank white screen. However, when I went to the menu bar up top, and used the open 3 views (sagittal, coronal) option up there, they displayed perfectly! However, the 3d view and the individual views did not work again.

Do you know if this is a graphics card problem? File extension problem? Or simply something wrong with the software? Thanks, I'd appreciate if someone could just give me a hint on how to fix this problem.
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

It is not a problem. This behavior is normal.
Here are explanations:

-> You can't see the .ima when you place it in a 3D view: yes, but the object is properly load inside and to view it you must use the middle button of your mouse to rotate it (click on the middle button and move your mouse at the same time) .... I hope that is clear ... in fact you have a lot of key combinations to do rotation, translation, zoom of objects into a window ..... To know all the combinations, place your cursor on the different window controls and a help window will display. Those icones are placed vertically on the left of any window (ball, arrow ... )

-> How use a 3D window ?
This kind of window is used for specific 3D files. Those files can be mesh (.mesh) , ROI (.arg) ... In the download page (http://brainvisa.info/downloadpage.html) there is a package (demo_data) with a lot of examples ... You will find demonstration data for Anatomist in data_for_anatomist. A french tutorial is proposed .... I'm writing one in english ....

Isa
Dragonpaladin

Post by Dragonpaladin »

Thanks a lot.