On the account of ROI and other techniques...

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Dragonpaladin

On the account of ROI and other techniques...

Post by Dragonpaladin »

I figured out the problem for my first topic, and I'm still unlocking the pieces of the puzzle of how to use Brain Visa and Anatomist. I've figured out how to do some basic steps, like convert .img -> a .mesh file, and use the processes to get the files I need. However, there still is this problem that stumps me. I don't know exactly how to word it but...

When you get data from a PET scanner, it can show things like the amount of blood flow to a certain region in a brain. Is there a way to be able to incoporate that in my MRIs or .mesh files? Like, different colors based on how much blood flow is in that particular part of the brain? I had a hint that it was based on using the ROI toolbox, but I'm frankly lost for advice. Could you please help me? Thanks.

Note: I tried playing around with a MRI image I had, and I managed to use the ROI menu (for a .img image) and color the entire brain/head blue. I think its a start, but I have no idea where to proceed!
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

I think what you need is Anatomist's fusion feature. If your data are registered,
you select two of them or more (PET and MRI, or PET and mesh), and you fusion them.
Then one can be mapped onto the other with color codes.
Various parameters can be used to tune the fusion mode.
Look into Anatomist menu.
You should browse
Anatomist help pages for more details.