crash

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

cedric clouchoux

crash

Post by cedric clouchoux »

Hi all

there's a bug in my anatomist. I have a surface .mesh and a ROI graph, i fusion them together, the output is a textured surface. Great. But when i try to export the texture as a new object or to save this new texture, anatomist crashes (log "only" shows a segmentation fault).
This is a problem for me, as i described a large set of ROI for a lot of brains, and now i need the resulting texture... If i could avoid doing it again it would be great :-)
any idea?

c
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi Cédric,
I hope you're talking about the development version of anatomist.
The fusion graph + mesh is not supposed to produce anything good (because a graph doesn't provide a texture information on any point of a mesh). I should make sure you cannot fusion them... (anyway I should ensure it doesn't crash, too)
What would you like to do exactly ?
Denis
cedric clouchoux

hi Denis
yes it's the dev version. What i'm trying to do is to get a texture from the ROI i defined on the cortical surface, actually from the saved ROI (graph & buckets). I can do this just after drawing a ROI, in the ROI module. But I didn't, i saved the ROIs, and now i just want to extract the texture resulting (fusion of the cortical surface and the graph buckets). As i did it a lot of times from the ROI module, i thought it was possible to do this from the saved ROI.
Tell me there's a solution! Or i'll have to go through all those brains again...
cedric clouchoux

ok, actually when i do this via the ROI toolbox, i first "export as a mask", and THEN fusion the mask and the triangulation, to save the result as a texture...
Any way to do this once the ROI is defined, without reloading it in the ROI toolbox (i.e. only using "basic" anatomist)?
c
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Oh, I see....
Well, I think you cannot do this directly (it's something we should record on the long TODO list).
For now:
- save the ROI graph
- convert it to a volume:

Code: Select all

AimsGraphConvert --volume input.arg output.arg
- load the resulting volume in anatomist: output.data/*.ima
- fusion it with the mesh
If you have multiple ROIs in your graph, each will get a different value in the texture.
Denis
cedric clouchoux

great, that's what i needed.
thx a lot!
c