bug with biology tool box

BrainVisa toolbox for histology, biology, 3D reconstruction of animal slices
geraldine poisnel

bug with biology tool box

Post by geraldine poisnel »

Hello,
When I tried to use the box "volume-application de symétries" in the biology tool box, the image-result was flipped and deformed.
In the attached file, you can see in the upper left the initial picture and in the upper right the deformed picture. And it should be only flipped and not deformed.
Could you resolve this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Géraldine Poisnel
Attachments
pb brainvisa flip.jpg
pb brainvisa flip.jpg (185.49 KiB) Viewed 15692 times
souedet

Re: bug with biology tool box

Post by souedet »

Hello Geraldine,

This bug was normally fixed in the latest brainvisa/anatomist release. We corrected this issue by the 2008-04-30. I think it is included in the following brainvisa : /i2bm/platform/Fedora-4-i686/i2bm_pack-stable/bin/brainvisa.
You can use this brainvisa directly launching the preceding command. Could you, please, check that it is ok for you using this pack ? If it is not ok, could you send me the exact image pathes you used, in order i directly test ?

Nicolas
delzescaux

Post by delzescaux »

This problem was due to a bug in VipFlip (flip of series of volumes specifically).
Perhaps, we could also test AimsFlip to perform this task.
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Yes, we could try to avoid VipFlip, and in a general way try to get rid of duplicate or obsolete commands. Another option is to use AimsResample in nearest neighbour mode with an appropriate flip matrix to avoid calling AimsFlip/VipFlip several times.
Denis