Bundles average

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

Topsyko

Bundles average

Post by Topsyko »

Hello,

I would like to average bundles, in order to realise a cohort analysis, but I don't know how to do this? Can you help me... :roll:
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

Do you know the following processes in BrainVISA: "Diffusion Bundles Transformation" and "Diffusion Bundles Analysis". There are in the "diffusion->tracking" module and perform a lot of things from bundles.

To reply at your question (I hope), by using the "Diffusion Bundles Analysis" process, the bundles are projected in many maps (fa, adc ...) and you can obtain values such as min, max, mean ....
Before this process, it is often very useful to transform/select your bundles with "Diffusion Bundles Transformation" process.

Isa
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

There is nothing to do spatial bundle averaging in the stable BrainVISA version.
However, in recent developpement versions, we included some features that makes some kinds of averaging possible but hard to do, not documented and not supported :

1) we added commands to convert a bundles into image(s). You can play with these images from your cohort to get statistics.

2) there is a Python API allowing to play with bundles. I used it to make a sample script creating a "central curve" for each bundle.

We are going to put a developpement package on the download page this week. Use it at your own risk.
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

I suppose you propose the usage of AimsDiffusionBundlesToRoi ?

And by another way is there a command/a way to concantenate/to collect several bundles ?

Isa
Topsyko

Post by Topsyko »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I am very interested by your new features, especially bundles to image. So, I'll wait your pack...
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

In the developpement version there is a command AimsDiffusionBundlesCat (written Vincent Elkouby).
denghien

Post by denghien »

Ok thanks
Isa