.arg files improperly handled in BV4 for windows ?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

houenou

.arg files improperly handled in BV4 for windows ?

Post by houenou »

Hi,

I have installed BV 4.0 on a windows xp laptop (with 4 GB RAM).
It works fine except when I want to display .arg files:
-in anatomist: I can't overlay correctly .arg files on templates
-in brainvisa: processes using .arg files aren't working correctly (as in diffusion pipeline)

I must note that it was working on BV 3.2.1 on XP, and that BV 4 on linux works for these two specific features

Any ideas ?

thanks,
Josselin
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Re: .arg files improperly handled in BV4 for windows ?

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

Can you give more precise examples to help us find the bug ? What exactly doesn't work with .arg files ? Do you have error messages ? with wich processes ?

Thanks

Dominique
houenou

Post by houenou »

Hi,
It is more sensible with .bundles file
e.g. when I try to load a file called niania.bundles into Anatomist, it loads it, but I can't see any node in this object in anatomist. When I paste this bundles file onto its reference image, nothing appears in this image.
furthermore, in brainvisa, when I try to work on bundles files (e.g. bundles selection in diffusion processes), it doesn't work

All these things worked well with my previous version of BV and works well on my BV4 linux

thanks,
Josselin
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Hi Josselin,

Well, I tried the diffusion & tracking process with Brainvisa 4.0 on a Windows XP machine and I didn't see any problem. I can visualize the bundles with Anatomist, the Transformation bundle process works...

Maybe this problem is linked to a specific image ? Are you sure your bundle file is correct, did you try to load the same bundle file in Anatomist 4.0 on a Linux machine ?

I'm affraid you'll have to describe more precisely, I can't help while I can't reproduce the problem...

Dominique
houenou

Post by houenou »

Hi Isabelle,

When I try to overlay my .bundles files on a .ima image in anatomist on Windows, I have the following warning message in the command line MS-DOS box:
"OpenGL error tex:memoire insuffisante
TexImage failed
~GLTexture - Bad GL texteure - 0"

The bundles file is large (whole brain tractography) but My Windows XP PC has 4 GB Ram... Furthermore, when I try to process this bundles file in Brainvisa (Diffusion Bundle Transformation), I get no error message but the process seems to build an almost empty bundles file.

On a Linux machine (with 1 GB RAM) all these steps (anatomist + brainvisa) works perfectly fine. Do you have any idea why ? (I might also try with BV3 when the CEA ftp server is back)

thanks !
Josselin
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Hello,

I didn't find the same error but maybe the bundle file I tested is not big enough or maybe it depends on the computer. Could it be a lack of memory in the graphic card ?

Are you sure the same thing used to work with Brainvsisa 3.2 on the same computer ? I really don't see what could have change about that between the two versions...

Dominique
houenou

Post by houenou »

Hi Dominique,
You were right, I tried to load the same bundle files (whole brain tractography) on different systems:
-linux : no problem, whether the version of BV
-windows : unable to correctly load the file, whether the version of BV

What is more annoying is that processing through diffusion pipelines is similarly troubled = impossible to select bundles from the same bundle files = the process seems to work but yields empty files. Do you know a way to overcome this limitation ?

thanks,
Josselin