brainvisa morphology extension

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

tulu

brainvisa morphology extension

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa experts,
I use the BV4.2.1 version and download morphology extension under windows 7. however, I always get error message:
Error reading fileC:\BrainVisadata\Aphasia2\DTI_16507008_63_M\t1mri\default_acquisition\default_analysis\segmentation\mesh\DTI_16507008_63_M_Rhemi.mesh
when I use the cortical thickness by normal
is it only use on BV 4.1.1 ?
thanks help
JLH
JLH
neurologist
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Re: brainvisa morphology extension

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

What is the morphology extension and where did you download it ?

Dominique
tulu

Post by tulu »

it is BrainVisa Morphology extensions release posted by Peter Kochunov. it can be download from NITRC web site for latest update.
a short description: An extension projects providing computational tools for performing regional morphological measurements to assess groupwise differences and track morphological changes during maturation and aging. The extensions include computation of regional GM thickness, 3D gyrification index, sulcal lenght and depth and sulcal span. These tools are distributed in the form of plugins for a popular analysis package BrainVisa.
best
JLH
JLH
neurologist
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Ok, I see. I think you should ask Peter Kochunov directly. Maybe indeed, the extension is not yet compatible with Brainvisa 4.2.1 which is a very recent release.

Dominique
tulu

Post by tulu »

Dear Dr. Dominique Geffroy,
thanks and I will. by the way, is there any process could calculate the GM thickness map like freesurfer under BrainVisa ?
thanks help
JLH
JLH
neurologist
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,

There are 2 things that allow to calculate thickness maps in the brainvisa standard distribution:
- one is calculated in the segmented volume, in the T1 MRI toolbox: it is part of the 3.1 sulci graphs creation: "cortical fold graph thickness and volume": one of the optional outputs (disabled by default) is a thickness map calculated on the mid-voxel of the GM layer.
- one is a texture map, in the Cortical Surface toolbox, in the "experimental" folder, and as specified, it is experimental and rather unsupported (and needs to be in expert userLevel to be visible).
But Peter Kochunov's toolbox is probably more specific and so more accurate.

Denis
ericbarnhill

Post by ericbarnhill »

I installed these extensions in 4.2, they seem fine to me. There are some files that unpack to the axon-4.1 share folder, I moved them to the axon-4.2 and everything seemed to run fine.
tulu

Post by tulu »

Dear BV experts,
I use BV4.2.1 under win 7 and run the create cortical thickness texture process. I get the error message figure.
I attach the log file and could someone help me how to solve it ?
sincerely yours
JLH
Attachments
brainvisa.log
(15.6 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
error message file
error message file
error.gif (32.4 KiB) Viewed 10585 times
JLH
neurologist