'Run in parallel' doesn't work for Import FS to T1 pipeline?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

qcai

'Run in parallel' doesn't work for Import FS to T1 pipeline?

Post by qcai »

'Run in parallel' doesn't work for 'Import Freesurfer to T1 pipeline'?
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Re: 'Run in parallel' doesn't work for Import FS to T1 pipel

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hello,

Indeed, I suppose it doesn't work because databases are deactivated when running processes in parallel because our current database system doesn't manage correctly concurrent access.
So the importation part of the process, as it needs to use the database cannot be run in parallel. But it should be possible to do the importation only first (with the parameter use_t1_pipeline=don't use it) and then run in parallel the T1 pipeline on the imported data. I suppose it is mainly the T1 pipeline part that is time consuming.

Dominique
qcai

Post by qcai »

That works well! Thanks Dominique! :)
btw I also had an error for all the subjects when I import from FS to T1 pipeline, saying "column filename is not unique: file names = [.../sjxx/t1mri/default_acquisition/registration/RawT1-sjxx_default_acquisition_TO_Talairach-ACPC.trm'] - although this doesn't seem to harm the processing.

Dominique Geffroy wrote:Hello,

Indeed, I suppose it doesn't work because databases are deactivated when running processes in parallel because our current database system doesn't manage correctly concurrent access.
So the importation part of the process, as it needs to use the database cannot be run in parallel. But it should be possible to do the importation only first (with the parameter use_t1_pipeline=don't use it) and then run in parallel the T1 pipeline on the imported data. I suppose it is mainly the T1 pipeline part that is time consuming.

Dominique
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

The problem seems to come from the using of "run in parallel". Maybe some information have been stored creating some confusion.
As you said you had have this message only for data already imported, so I guess if you import new data without to try to "run in parallel", you won't have this message.

Isabelle