Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

joost

Database problem

Post by joost »

Hi,

version: BrainVisa 4.30
platform: Ubuntu

i'm working under Ubuntu, i'm trying to add a (FreeSurfer-)database (Brainvisa->Preferences->Databases->Add) which is stored *on a Windows system*. i have full write and read access to this Windows-dir (e.g. from Ubuntu i can create dirs and delete dirs in the Windows dir).

after adding the database in the GUI and clicking ok it runs for a while, then exits with on-screen error:

Cannot insert items in database /media/Data/5-freesurfer_processing/: database is locked. Item: /media/Data/5-freesurfer_processing/0050972-18102012. You should update this database.

DatabaseError
processes.py (2150) in _processExecution:

?

updateDatabases.py (61) in execution:

?

sqlFSODatabase.py (476) in update:

?

sqlFSODatabase.py (784) in insertDiskItems:

?

a database_settings.minf and database-2.1.sqlite file are created but the database is not added.

i *can* add the FreeSurfer-database after copying it to my Ubuntu but i would really like to use the FreeSurfer databse from under it's Windows location.

any hints?

merci,
-joost
denghien

Re: Database problem

Post by denghien »

Hi,

With this kind of error message, it seems a problem has occurred during the update of database.
And in this case, the database stays in a "locked" state.
I suppose that you have a file something like <journal...> in the root directory of freesurfer database which has been written by BrainVISA.
If no, please give me the list of files in this directory.
If yes, so I suggest you to rename it (just to try and please rename files rather than remove to avoid losing files). You can try again to update database.
If you have one more time a problem, rename all files have been written by BrainVISA and add again this database by using the preference menu.
During the update of database, please don't try to use or open files contained in those directories to avoid a concurrent access.

Isa