installing Brainvisa 4.6.1 Mac error

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

csaiote

installing Brainvisa 4.6.1 Mac error

Post by csaiote »

Hi,

I am trying to install BrainVISA 4.6.1 on a Mac. Installer runs successfully, but they there are errors when opening BrainVISA or Morphologist (Anatomist is fine).
BrainVISA error:
ImportError: No module named six

Morphologist:
ImportError: No module named configobj

We've tried installing some of these packages, but new errors keep showing up, eventually:

ImportError: dlopen(/Users/cedriccaille/brainvisa-4.6.1/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/math.so, 2): Symbol not found: __PyLong_AsScaledDouble
Referenced from: /Users/cedriccaille/brainvisa-4.6.1/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/math.so
Expected in: dynamic lookup

We're getting the same errors in OS 10.14.3 and 10.14.5

Any suggestions on how we can solve this?

Many thanks!
Catarina

Catarina Saiote, PhD
Research Associate, Department of Neurosurgery | neurosurgery.umn.edu
University of Minnesota | umn.edu
csaiote@umn.edu | 612-626-4092
riviere
Site Admin

Re: installing Brainvisa 4.6.1 Mac error

Post by riviere »

Hi,
We have been reported problems on recent Mac systems that we don't have on hand. I could observe it once but could not solve it on the fly. It seems that on some of these systems, a different python installation (the system one) gets loaded when we call the one from brainvisa, regardless of PATH environment variables.
I think this is what you experience here, because the system installation of python doesn't have the cited modules. But installing then there will not fix the problem since our programs and libraries are in large part compiled and linked to the Python we ship with BrainVisa and cannot work with another one without a recompilation.
I confess that I don't understand what is going on for this problem. It's visibly a path problem, something normally very basic, but Macs have so many internal tricks and "different" behaviors, which change with every new version of MacOS, so that I cannot test all of them. For now we're stuck.

Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Re: installing Brainvisa 4.6.1 Mac error

Post by riviere »

We have finally found why the Mac version doesn(t run on recent Macs. A part of the python package was missing.
I have put a new tarball of the python package here:
ftp://ftp.cea.fr/pub/dsv/anatomist/upda ... hon.tar.gz
It should be un-tared in the root directory of the BrainVisa installation.
I have not tested it myself (still because I don't have a recent system to test on).
Denis