how to change label region from one to another

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

tulu

how to change label region from one to another

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa expert,
when I do the vip split brain, I get the brain voronoi. I try to change part of label 1 region into label 3. for example, par tof brainstem and cerebellum are classified into label 1. I hope to change it into label 3 but preserve same shape. how to do ? thanks replay
JLH
neurologist
denghien

Post by denghien »

Hi,

To replace a grey leval by an other, you can use this line command : AimsReplaceLevel

For instance if yo want replace 1 by 3 :

AimsLevelReplace -i image.ima -o new_image.ima -g 1 -n 3

But I don't unterstand why brainstem and cerebellum are classified into label 1. If the problem comes from the split brain, perhaps you must try to optimize this step.
In fact, there is three label after the split brain :
label 1 : right hemisphere
label 2 : left hemisphere
label 3 : cerebellum

Isa
tulu

how to replace label 1 to label 3 in brain stem area

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa expert,
thanks replay. actually my problem is:
I need to calculate the grey and white matter volume in brain WITHOUT brainstem. so in brain stem (for example, midbrain and pons). after split brain process, there are some brainstem region label 1 and label 2, I hope to replace it as label 3 but preserve same area. I currently do as erase label 1 in this region and add it into label 3 region. how to do it at one time ? thanks replay
JLH
neurologist
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

Are you talking about the ROI drawing tool of Anatomist ? By default, you cannot replace a label by another. But there is a checkbox (well at least in the developpement version) called "Replace" in the "Paint" panel of the ROI toolbox window. When "Replace" is on, you can replace a label by another.