L and R side in Brain volumes

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

tulu

L and R side in Brain volumes

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa expert,
I use the development version of Brainvisa. when I use the brain volumes for CSF volume, the anatomist display L side or R side seems different from the brain voronoi side or T1 mri side. When I set the T1 mri left hemisphere, the brain voronoi correspond to the same side. but the CSF result is different from the original side. it always shows Left figure side is L hemisphere. How to interpretate the data file in the CSF L and R side ? does it correspond to the figire or reverse ?
thanks
JLH
neurologist
cachia

Post by cachia »

Dear JLH,

I think I do not understand the question because the "brain volume" process and the "CSF classification" process do not use the brain voronoi image.

Arnaud

PS/ The development version of Brainvisa is dedicated to the developers and so should not be used :(
Arnaud CACHIA, PhD
Centre de Psychiatrie & Neurosciences, UMR 894
INSERM - Université Paris Descartes
Hôpital Sainte-Anne, 2 ter rue d'Alésia, 75014 Paris
Tel : 01 40 78 92 66
Fax : 01 45 80 72 93
tulu

display right left csf in brain volume process

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa expert,
Since anatomist part of stable version on my notebook can not work properly (video card problem), I switch to development version and it can work.
In brain volume process, if I click right _csf button, it display LEFT side of csf rather than right side. I also feel strange that usually the left hemisphere part will finished firstly than right hemisphere, but in brain volume process, right_csf part finishs first. Is it possible ? thanks replay
JLH
neurologist
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Right, the Lcsf anf Rcsf are on the wrong side. There must be a bug somewhere in this process. I don't know yet if CSF sides are just switched or if it is something more complex. We will check it with Arnaud (he is the author of this process).
But I'm not sure to understand what you mean by 'left hemisphere finishes first' ? Is that a reference to the fact that on most subjects one hemisphere is more anterior than the other ? If yes, it is a quite smart way of checking if images have not been flipped :)
Denis
tulu

R and L side csf

Post by tulu »

Yes, thanks replay. I check the most process and find usually, left side process always finish firstly than right side. but in this step (brain volume also csf clsssification), right side icon finish work firstly than left side.
thansk replay
JLH
neurologist