How to transform .arg to .ima ?

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

synic

How to transform .arg to .ima ?

Post by synic »

I tried a lot of things and finally I don't find the way to transform .arg to .ima. Have you got solution ?

Thank you so much!!

michel
Olivier Coulon
Location: MeCA research group, Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone, Marseille, France

Post by Olivier Coulon »

Hi,
.arg is a format that describes graphs, .ima is a format that describes images, so I don't understand what you are trying to do. Could you be a bit more specific ?
To anticipate a bit your answer, there is one thing that seems to fit with your request : all the sulci in a graph are described by a number of attributes, amongst which some buckets (basically voxels). Some buckets describe the "core" of the sulcus, some the bottom line of it, some the junction with the brain hull.
It is possible to get all those buckets in a voxel form (that is a .ima) by using the "Anatomy->Morphometry->Create Sulcus Label Volume" Brainvisa process. That way you can create a .ima containing the descriptors of ALL sulci in the graph, or of ONE particular sulcus.
I hope this helps,

Olivier
Olivier Coulon
Institut de Neurosciences de La Timone,
Aix-Marseille Université,
Marseille, france
https://meca-brain.org
Jean-Francois Mangin

Post by Jean-Francois Mangin »

Maybe the confusion stems from the fact that a ROI arg (a set of volumes of interest) can be either represented by a label volume or an arg format, according to its origine. In that case the graph format is the simplest possible, a list of ROI without link. The reason for that is that Anatomist deals with all these type of graphs the same way, but I agree it is a bit confusing at the beginning.

You can go from one format to the other using commands like AimsGraphConvert, or AimsClusterArg... You should find some posts somewhere, otherwise I will be more clear tomorrow.