DTI bundles and maximum_eigenvectors map

Questions about BrainVisa usage and installation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

tulu

DTI bundles and maximum_eigenvectors map

Post by tulu »

Dear Brainvisa Experts,
I have 2 questions about DTI analysis.
1. I had a set of 6 diffusion gardient orientation DTI image (voxel size 1.2*1.2*6.5 mm). I use the default setting of Brainvisa and when I finished the DTI pipline, every image I can see it except maximum eigenvector image. I can get the maximum eigenvector file but I can not use anatomist to see it ? why ? should I change any other setting ? I find the data type is "point3df", how to see this file in anatomist ?
2. in fascicles tracking pipline, I select the pyramidal tract in internal capsule region and when I see the FA map, it is blue (Z axis) with extension upward. But the bundle of this fascicle is very scattered. Is it right ? I expect it is very dense. should I change any default setting ?
thanks replay
sincerely
JLH
neurologist
Yann Cointepas

Post by Yann Cointepas »

1) This image is a vector field and, to date, Anatomist cannot display it. The RGB orientation image can be used instead.

2) The density of the fascicle is related to the number of starting points. You can try to put more than one point per voxel when you do the tracking. The interpolation is also involved in the tracking process. We recently found an error in an interpolation algorithm. We will soon provide a new package (version 3.0.1) with a correction and, therefore, improved tracking results.