AimsResample : Problem with resizing Z.

AIMS library and commands usage

Moderators: denghien, riviere

BigBrain_musician

AimsResample : Problem with resizing Z.

Post by BigBrain_musician »

Hi experts,

I'm a new user and I tried to find an answer to my problem already but there was nothing helpful on the forum, so here I am.

I have a border effect (effet de bord) on some of my MRI volume so I want to increase the volume size. Now it's [256 x 256 x 188].

So I have use AimsResample to resized it at [306 x 306 x 238] but after the transformation only both the X and Y axes have been resized, but the Z still at 188.

This is how I called the function :

AimsResample -i whatever_input.img -o whatever_output.img --dx 306 --dy 306 --dz 238

When I open whatever_output.img only it's now [306 x 306 x 188] and it should be [306 x 306 x 238].

Is there anybody who could help me fix this issue please.

Thanks a lot.
Mathieu Gauvin
LATIS - ETS
Electrical Engineering
Intern in Neuro-science.
riviere
Site Admin

Re: AimsResample : Problem with resizing Z.

Post by riviere »

Hi,
This is strange... I cannot reproduce the problem on an image with the same dimension. What were the voxel sizes ? Did you use any other parameters than the params on your example (like interpolation order or anything else) ?
Maybe you can send me the .hdr part of the image in a private message so I can try in the exact same conditions as you did.
Denis
riviere
Site Admin

Re: AimsResample : Problem with resizing Z.

Post by riviere »

Hey, you know what ? I'm pretty sure it is the exact same problem as your other problem here...
Denis