getting cursor coordinates using Anatomist in Windows

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

cbeck

getting cursor coordinates using Anatomist in Windows

Post by cbeck »

I am somewhat of a novice to Brainvisa/Anatomist and have run into some problems. I would like to get the coordinate position of the cursor when I click on an image as is described on pages 41 and 42 of the Anatomist user manual. However, I am using a Windows Vista configuration and haven't figured out a way to get a window analogous to the "consule" described in the user manual where the coordinates should be displayed. Is there any way to get the cursor position using a Windows system?
riviere
Site Admin

Re: getting cursor coordinates using Anatomist in Windows

Post by riviere »

Hi,
In a view window, you can use the menu "window->show/hide cursor position": then cursor position and voxel(s) value(s) will be displayed in the status bar at the bottom of the window.
Denis
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

I don't seem to have the option you cited in your reply. I've attached a screen shot of the options that I see in my view window. Is there a plug-in I may need to download or something I need to change about the way I upload the files perhaps?
Attachments
menu options.jpg
menu options.jpg (37.5 KiB) Viewed 8965 times
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Which BrainVisa/Anatomist version are you using ? I guess this is a pretty old one...
Denis
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

Correct, I was using the 3.0.2 version because the other versions weren't working for me. I downloaded the newest version 3.2.0. After I installed it, there was a window that came up and asked me to update my database to the new ontology for this version so I told it to do that for me. I then tried to use the Anatomist Show Fold Graph viewer but when I browsed to the .arg file I wanted, the program said that my file was not readable or did not exist. After that, I tried to convert the old database using brainvisa and the program would stop working and close. Do you know what I might be doing incorrectly? Could it be having trouble because I am using Windows Vista and the package was designed for Windows XP? I apologize if I haven't explained clearly enough for you to picture what is happening.
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Post by Dominique Geffroy »

Hi,

Indeed, you need to convert your database when passing from 3.0 to 3.2 (or 3.1) version. Did you see any error message when converting your database ?

Dominique
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

The only message that I get before the program closes comes from the Windows program rather than from anatomist. I've attached a screenshot of the message.
Attachments
convert database screenshot.jpg
convert database screenshot.jpg (75.02 KiB) Viewed 8917 times
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Hi,

Maybe it is a problem specific on windows vista ? We haven't any computer with windows vista but only windows xp and I cannot reproduce the problem with windows xp.
Do you have the same problem with other processes ? Did you try to create a new database and to import your data in it ?

Dominique
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

I've had frequent problems similar to this with other processes on older versions of Brainvisa/Anatomist on my computer. That does sound like it may just be Windows Vista that is causing the program to malfunction. I'll see what I can do about using another computer that has a different operating program in an attempt to avoid these kinds of problems. Thank you for your help!
cbeck

Post by cbeck »

Sorry, I'm back again. I'm working on a computer that uses Windows XP now. I downloaded the most recent version of brainvisa/anatomist 3.2.0 and it went well. Then I copied part of the database I was working with on my other computer onto the XP computer and updated the database when the program prompted me with that option. Then I converted, checked, and cleaned the database which seemed to go well. However, I then tried to use the viewers<Anatomist Show Fold Graph function and discovered that all of the .arg files were no longer part of the database. :shock: Did I do something wrong or is there some other way that I'm not aware of to see the 3D rendering of the outer surface of the brain with the sulci colored and identified?
Dominique Geffroy
Site Admin

Hi,

Maybe something went wrong during the database conversion. you should unselect the clean step in the conversion process to avoid deleting files.
Did you check the database directory to see if the files have really disappeared or if it is Brainvisa that didn't recognize these files ?
I suggest you have a look at "Data Management -> database browser". The graphs should be in protocol/subject/t1mri/default_acquisition/default_analysis/folds/3.0/...

As a workaround, you can try to import the graphs in your new database using "Data management -> General import" process.

Dominique