libCifti.dll missing windows 7 BrainVISA 4.6.1

Questions about Anatomist manipulation

Moderators: denghien, riviere

mheers

libCifti.dll missing windows 7 BrainVISA 4.6.1

Post by mheers »

Dear all,

when trying to open Anatomist in a new installation of BrainVISA4.7 on a windows7 system I get the error message that 'libCifti.dll' is missing. I could not find a similar post yet and I also could not identify a good source for this missing dll-file.
Does anyone know about this issue?

Best regards
Marcel
mheers

Re: libCifti.dll missing windows 7 BrainVISA 4.6.1

Post by mheers »

I still did not find a solution for this issue. Does anyone have suggestion?

Best regards
Marcel
riviere
Site Admin

Post by riviere »

Hi,
Oh you are right, the libCifti didn't get into 4.6.1 distribs. We will fix that for the next one.
In the meantime I have put the libs in ftp://ftp.cea.fr/pub/dsv/anatomist/upda ... stem>/lib/
(replace <system> with win64, osx, linux64-glibc-2.23 etc). For linux there are 3 times the same files because they are normally symbolic links to the same file but the ftp server doesn't support symlinks and I didn't bother about finding another solution.
Anyway I wonder why this caused a real problem since the cifti lib is only used in an optional plugin, and we don't provide codes that actually makes use of this plugin yet. Does windows stop the program when it tries to load a plugin which misses a dependency ?
Note: we have stopped maintenance for the windows 32 bit version, only the 64 version bit will be available in the next release.
Denis
mheers

Post by mheers »

Hi Denis,

I placed the libcifti.dll in ..\brainvisa-4.6.1\lib folder and it worked. Before, anatomist really crashed and I could not use it.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Marcel